Tracking the journey of setting up my ceramic studio and the hard work that follows

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Busy Week

I had a very busy work week this week.  I accomplished a lot since my last post.  I unloaded my bisque kiln and I waxed all the bottoms of the pots.  Waxing the bottoms is a little time consuming but it is worth it when it comes to glazing because the bottoms wipe off easily.  I also produced some more ware. 



I made some test tiles with my new glazes and I found some good color combinations.



I also glazed my work and loaded the kiln.  Glazing is not my favorite part of ceramics but this time it was fun to work with new glazes.  It gets very messy.  I almost fit everything in the kiln except for about 6 pieces which surprised me.  As I am writing this my kiln is running and hopefully everything will turn out perfect.  I will have to post again tomorrow when I open the kiln.  It will be like Christmas morning for me tomorrow.  I can't wait.  It has been 3 years since college and it feels great to be doing this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment