Tracking the journey of setting up my ceramic studio and the hard work that follows

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Loaded Kiln!

Next weekend I am planning a bisque firing.  I wanted to see if I needed to make more pieces to fill my kiln so I took time today to load it.  No more pieces are needed!  Loading a kiln is like a huge puzzle.  You try to fit as many pieces as possible into it.  In a bisque firing you can have pieces touching and piled on top of each other.  My kiln is packed full and I had a few pieces leftover.  I am ready to roll with my first bisque firing next weekend all I have to do is push start.  I did not produce anything this weekend.  I wanted to give my fingers and wrists some time off.  I need to rest them up so next weekend I can start filling up my shelves again.  This week I will need to mix up my glazes and get ready for my next step glaze firing. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment