Tracking the journey of setting up my ceramic studio and the hard work that follows

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Progress!!

I got a lot done last night and today!  I am starting to get really excited.  I have been working really hard to get as much done as I possibly can.  I am trying to meet my goal to have everything ready to go by the end of the month. 

This is what I built last night.  A nice little table to go next to my potter's wheel.  It has a nice counter top on it.  My aunt Lisa just recently got new counter tops and I was lucky to get her old ones.  They will work perfectly in my studio.  They will be very easy to clean and it fits perfectly in the corner! 



This morning while my husband was at work I unpacked my potter's wheel.  I put it next to my new table.  It fits perfectly!  I also built a shelving unit for the other side of our basement for storage.  I will also be building another one of those tomorrow for my studio side but I wanted to get some totes and things off the floor and stored nicely.  They work really well. 


Also this morning my neighbor came over to install my ventilation system for my kiln.  He had to mount it on my wall and drill a hole through my garage wall.  Everything with my kiln is set up now!  I just have to make work to fill it up.  I do have to do a test firing.  I will maybe do that next weekend. 




I did get a lot accomlished this weekend so far and I have one day left.  It is nice having an extra day.  I get so much more done.  Hopefully there will be another update tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Jaime you are amazing! I also can't believe all of the the things you found at the garage sale. Be careful with that table saw! Can't wait to see your first projects. Miss you! Susan

    ReplyDelete