Tracking the journey of setting up my ceramic studio and the hard work that follows

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Studio Space Update

  This is the space I am working with.  A good size space.  Tomorrow I plan to paint the floor with a semi-gloss paint so that it will be a little more easy to clean.  Right now there is a matte finish on it that does not clean well.  So hopefully this will work.  I have the day off tomorrow so I have a bunch of projects to get done! 

I did have the electrician here today.  He will be back next Thursday to wire up my kiln.  I will have to cut a hole in my ceiling to get the wiring out to the garage where my kiln will be located.  My neighbor is nice enough to help me out with this task.  That will also be done tomorrow. 

Things are finally happening.  It is really exciting.  I have a goal to be done by the end of the month.  Hopeful thinking but if I set a date it will be easier to reach and then I will be on my way with the fun part of making pottery!  I really can't wait! 

I received my shipment of ceramic equipment a couple of weeks ago.  A kiln, potter's wheel, clay, tools, and other supplies.  Lots of good stuff. 

So here I go setting up my studio!  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment