Tracking the journey of setting up my ceramic studio and the hard work that follows

Friday, September 10, 2010

Homemade Curtain Track

Today I finished putting up my homemade curtain track.  The other day I was looking on the Internet for curtain tracking but it is kind of expensive so I decided to try to make my own for a lot less.  I am not going to open my curtains that often I just want to be able to open them if I need to.  So I did not want to spend that much money on them.  I probably spent about $20 on everything I needed to get the job done.  We have two little pipes that run down the ceiling in our basement so that caused a bit of an issue.  I had to make a ledge out of wood so that my curtain track would be low enough to pass by the pipes.  I then took some tubing and cut a slit from end to end.  I needed my curtain carriers to be able to slide back and forth. 

This is what I came up with......


         





















Now I just have to sew my curtains!  That will be worked on tomorrow. 

1 comment: