Tracking the journey of setting up my ceramic studio and the hard work that follows

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pots!

I started making some pottery tonight!  I just started with a few mugs and some small bowls.  We are going to the packer game tomorrow so I will not have a lot of time to trim and put handles on.  Check it out!

This is what I started with.  A bag of clay.











First pot!  It feels good to be making again.












I ended up with 8 mugs, 2 small vases, a ring holder, 5 small bowls, one medium bowl, and a bat of test tiles!  So that was a good night of work.  It was just weird to be able to take my time making pieces.  At work I make as many as I can as fast as I can.  So it was very relaxing and quiet.  Hopefully I will be back at the wheel again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment